The computer is an information processing machine. It is a tool storing, manipulating data. There are many ways to communicate the processed information to the user. The computer graphics one of the most affective and commonly used way to communicate the processed information to the user. it displays the information in the form of graphics object such as picture, charts ,graphs and diagrams instead of simple text. Thus we can say that computer graphics makes it possible to expressed data in pictorial form.
In computer graphics, pictures & graphics objects are presented as a collection of pixels. The pixels are the smallest addressable screen elements. It is the smallest piece of the display screen achieved by intensity and colors of the pixel. Each pixel on the graphics display doesn’t represent mathematical point. For example, if we want to display p1 whose coordinates are(4,3) and point p2 whose coordinate are (3,4) are represent the process determiners the appropriate pixels for representing picture or graphics object is known as restorations and the process of representing continuous picture or graphics object as a collection of discrete pixels is object called scan conversion
1. The computer graphics allows rotation, translation, scaling and performs various projections on the picture before displaying it.
2. It allows adding effect such as hidden surface removal shading to the picture before final representation.
3. It provides user the control to modify contents, structure and appearance of pictures or graphics objects using input such as keyboard, mouse touch panel.
4. It has an ability to show moving picture thus it is possible to produce animation with computer graphics.
5. With computer graphics use can also control the animation by adjusting the screen.
6. The computer/graphics also provide facility called update dynamic with this it us possible to change the shape, colors and other properties.
7. The use computer graphics is wide spread .It is used in various areas such as industry, business, education, entertainment & mostly in home.
App. Of Computer Graphics
1. User interface- The Graphics interface provide an attractive and
Easy interaction between computer & users.
2. Platting of Graphics and chart:- In industry business, government
And education org. C/G is the most commonly used to create 2D+3D Graph mathematical, phys-ical in the form of charts .these charts are very useful for decision making.
3. Simulation and animation:- Use of Graphics in makes
Mathematics model, more easily to study.
4.Art and Commerce:- There are a lot of Graphics tools provided
by C/G . These tools allows user to create artistic pictures, which express messages and give attentions. Such pictures are very useful.
5. Computer-aided Drafting Design;- This uses graphics to components and mechanical and electronic devices such as auto mobile bodies, airplane.
6. Education and training;-Computer generated models of physical
And economic systems are after used as educational aids.
7. Flight simulator:- It helps in giving training to the airplanes.
8. Entertainment:- Computer graphics methods are now commonly
Used in making motion pictures music videos and television show.
9. Computer Generated maps:- Town planners and transportation
Engineers can use computer-generated maps which display data useful to them in their planners work.
10. Presentation Graphics:- Examples of presentation graphics are
Bar charts, line graphs pie charts and other displays.
11. Image processing:- In computer graphics a computer is used to
Create a picture image processing in other hand, applies technique to modify exciting picture such as photographs and TV scans.
What is Scan Conversion?
SCAN CONVERSION In computer graphics, an image is displayed by illuminating (drawing) the pixels at appropriate ...read more
SCAN CONVERTING A STRAIGHT LINE .
A straight line can be drawn by plotting discrete point’s b\w the two end points. ...read more
Explain Digital Video and its advantages.
D.V is a type of recording system that works by using digital rather than a ...read more
Some basic Terms of computer graphics
1. PIXEL:-A pixel may be defined as the smallest size object or color spot ...read more
What is computer graphics.
COMPUTER GRAPHICS The computer is an information processions machine. It is a tool storing, manipulating ...read more
What is INTERACTIVE OR PASSIVE COMPUTER GRAPHISCS.
In non interactive computer graphics, pictures are produce on the monitor and user does not ...read more