Objective type question of Fundamental
1. Mostly which of the following device is used to carry user files?
A. Floppy Disk B. Hard Disk C. RAM D. CDROM
2. VIRUS stands for
A. Very Important Resource Under Search
B. Virtual Information Resource Under Seize
C. Verify Interchange Result Until Source
D. Very Important Record User Searched
3. In order to play and hear sound on a computer, one needs:
A. a sound card and speakers B. a microphone
C. all of them required D. none of them required
4. Which of the following program is not a utility?
A. Debugger B. Editor C. Spooler D. all of the above
5. Which of the following are the best units of data on an external storage device?
A. Bits B. Bytes C. Hertz D. Clock cycles
A. Works best with many small partitions
B. Allows many programs to use memory simultaneously
C. Allows each program in turn to use the memory
D. Does not work with overlaying
7. Which of the following is a read only memory storage device?
A. Floppy Disk B. CDROM C. Hard Disk D. None of these
8. What is the full form of CRT?
A. current ray tube B. current ray technology C. cathode ray tube D. cathode ray technology
9. What is a compiler?
A. A compiler does a conversion line by line as the program is run
B. A compiler converts the whole of a higher level program code into machine code in one step
C. A compiler is a general purpose language providing very efficient execution
D. None of the above
10. MOS stands for _____
A. Metal Oxide Semiconductor B. Most Often Store
C. Method Organized Stack D. None of these
10. What part of the computer interprets and executes instructions that are posed to it?
A.RAM B. CPU C. ROM D. Cache
Answer : B
12. Which of the memories below is often used in a typical computer operation?
A. RAM B. ROM C. FDD D. HDD
13. A Pixel is ………
A. A computer program that draws picture
B. A picture stored in secondary memory
C. The smallest resolvable part of a picture
D. None of these
14. Floppy Disk Drives were originally designed by
A. IBM B. Sony C. Panasonic D. Samsung
15. Which number system is usually followed in a typical 32-bit computer?
A. 2 B. 10 C. 16 D. 32
16. Which technology is used in a CDROM Drive?
A. Mechanical B. Electromechanical C. Optical D. Fiber Optical
17. Which of the following is not an output device?
A. Scanner B. Printer C. Flat Screen D. Touch Screen
18. Nortel is a company which manufactures:
A. Software B. Processors C. Cables D. Network equipment
19. Which technology is used in Compact disks?
A. Mechanical B. Electrical C. Electro Magnetic D. Laser
20. What is the name of the 64-bit Microprocessor developed by AMD?
A. Opteron B. RISC-9000 C. iMac D. Athlon
21. Which of the following is the largest manufacturer of Hard Disk Drives?
A. IBM B. Seagate C. Microsoft D. 3M
22. A source program is
A. a program written in a machine language
B. a program to be translated into machine language
C. a machine language translation of a program written in a
D. None of these
23. Memory unit is one part of
A. Input device B. Control unit C. Output device D. Central Processing Unit
24. Programs stored in ROM are called ___
A. Hardware B. Firmware C. Software D. None of these
25. The earliest calculating devices are
A. Abacus B. Clock C. Difference Engine D. None of these
Fundamental Computer Questions and Answers (Set-6)
Fundamental Computer Questions and Answers Set- 6 A pixel is ……………. Ans. The smallest resolvable part ...read more
Objective type question of Fundamental (Number System)(Set-5)
Computer Fundamentals (Number System) Set-5 1. A number system that uses only two digits, 0 and 1 ...read more
Objective type question of Computer Fundamental (Set-3)
Set - 3 1. UNI VAC is a. Universal Automatic Computer b. Universal Array Computer c. Unique Automatic ...read more