Objective type question of Fundamental
1. Which of the following device can store large amounts of data?
A. Floppy Disk B. Hard Disk C. CDROM D. Zip Disk
2. Which device is used to backup the data?
A. Floppy Disk B. Tape C. Network Drive. D. All of the above
3. The processing of an application takes place between a client and a ____ processor.
A. Front end B. Back end C. Both A and B D. none of these
4. Which of the following are the cheapest memory devices in terms of Cost/Bit?
A. Semiconductor memories B. Magnetic Disks C. Compact Disks D. Magnetic Tapes
5. Poor response times are usually caused by
A. Process busy B. High I/O rates C. High paging rates D. Any of the above
6. Which of the following have the fastest access time?
A. Semiconductor Memories B. Magnetic Disks C. Magnetic Tapes D. Compact Disks
7. ____ transforms one interface into another interface
A. Program B. Software C. Data D. None
8. Which of the following is a programming language?
A. Lotus B. Pascal C. MS-Excel D. Netscape
9. Which storage device is mounted on ‘reels’?
A. Floppy Disk B. Hard Disk C. Magnetic Tapes D. CDROM
10. What is an interpreter?
A. An interpreter does the conversion line by line as the program is run
B. An interpreter is the representation of the system being designed
C. An interpreter is a general purpose language providing very efficient execution
D. None of the above
11. The Analytical Engine developed during First Generation of computers used ___ as a memory unit
A. RAM B. Floppies C. Cards D. Counter Wheels
12. When a key is pressed on the keyboard, which standard is used for converting the keystroke into the corresponding bits?
A. ANSI B. ASCII C. EBCDIC D. ISO
13. Which of the following companies is a leader in manufacture of Hard Disk Drives?
A. Samsung B. IBM C. Fujitsu D. Seagate
14. Which device is used as the standard pointing device in a Graphical User Environment?
A. Keyboard B. Mouse C. Joystick D. Track ball
15. Floppy Disk Drives were first introduced by which of the following computer manufacturers?
A. IBM B. Sony C. Panasonic D. Compaq
16. Which number system is usually followed in a typical 32-bit computer?
A. Binary B. Decimal C. Hexadecimal D. Octal
17. Data (information) is stored in computers as
A. Files B. Directories C. Floppies D. Matter
18. Which of the following devices have a limitation that we can only store information to it but cannot erase or modify it?
A. Floppy Disk B. Hard Disk C. Tape Drive D. CDROM
19. Which computer peripheral manufacturer quotes “Empowering your PC”?
A. Canon B. Epson C. Mercury D. Samsung
20. Which of the following storage devices can store maximum amount of data?
A. Floppy Disk B. Hard Disk C. Compact Disk D. Magneto Optic Disk
21. What is the name of the series of Laptop computers manufactured by IBM called?
A. Lap Pad B. ThinkPad C. Aptiva D. Notepad
22. The programs which are as permanent as hardware and stored in ROM is known as
A. Hardware B. Software C. Firmware D. ROM ware
23. IC are classified on the basis of ___
A. Manufacturing company B. Type of computer C. Number of transistors D. None of these
24. Who built the first Mechanical Calculator
A. Joseph Marie Jacquard B. John Mauchly C. Blaise Pascal D. Howard Aiken
25. In a high resolution mode, the number of dots in a line will usually be
A. 320 B. 640 C. 760 D. 900
Fundamental Computer Questions and Answers (Set-6)
Fundamental Computer Questions and Answers Set- 6 A pixel is ……………. Ans. The smallest resolvable part ...read more
Objective type question of Fundamental (Number System)(Set-5)
Computer Fundamentals (Number System) Set-5 1. A number system that uses only two digits, 0 and 1 ...read more
Objective type question of Computer Fundamental (Set-3)
Set - 3 1. UNI VAC is a. Universal Automatic Computer b. Universal Array Computer c. Unique Automatic ...read more