Objective type Question
1. The _______ is the physical path over which a message travels.
A) Protocol B) Medium C) Signal D) All the above
2 The information to be communicated in a data communications system is the _______.
A) Medium B)Protocol C) Message D) Transmission
3 Frequency of failure and network recovery time after a failure are measures of the _______ of a network.
A) Performance B) Reliability C) Security D) Feasibility
4 . An unauthorized user is a network _______ issue.
A) Performance B) Reliability C) Security D) All the above
5 . Which topology requires a central controller or hub?
A) Mesh B) Star C) Bus D) Ring
6 . Which topology requires a multipoint connection?
A) Mesh B) Star C) Bus D) Ring
7 . Communication between a computer and a keyboard involves ______________ transmission.
A) simplex B) half-duplexC) full-duplex D) automatic
8 . A television broadcast is an example of _______ transmission.
A) simplex B) half-duplex C) full-duplex D) automatic
9 . A _______ connection provides a dedicated link between two devices.
A) point-to-point B)multipoint C) primary D) secondary
10.In a _______ connection, more than two devices can share a single link.
A) point-to-point B) multipoint C) primaryD) secondary
11.In _______ transmission, the channel capacity is shared by both communicating devices at all times.
A) simplex B) half-duplexC) full-duplex D) half-simplex
12. In the original ARPANET, _______ were directly connected together.
A) IMPs B) host computers C) networks D) routers
13. This was the first network.
A) CSNET B)NSFNET C) ANSNET D) ARPANET
14. Which organization has authority over interstate and international commerce in the communications field?
A) ITU-T B) IEEE C) FCC D) ISOC
15. _______ are special-interest groups that quickly test, evaluate, and standardize new technologies.
A) Forums B) Regulatory agencies
C) Standards organizations D) All of the above
16. Which agency developed standards for physical connection interfaces and electronic signaling specifications?
A) EIA B) ITU-T C) ANSI D) ISO
17. _______ is the protocol suite for the current Internet.
A) TCP/IP B) NCP C) UNIX D) ACM
18. _______ refers to the structure or format of the data, meaning the order in which they are presented.
A)Semantics B)Syntax C)Timing D)All of the above
19________ defines how a particular pattern to be interpreted, and what action is to be taken based on that interpretation.
A) Semantics B) Syntax C) Timing D) None of the above
20._____ refers to two characteristics: when data should be sent and how fast it can be sent.
A) Semantics B) Syntax C) Timing D) none of the above
21. Data flow between two devices can occur in a _______ way.
A) simplex B) half-duplex C) full-duplex D) all of the above
22. In a ______ connection, two and only two devices are connected by a dedicated link.
A) multipoint B) point-to-point C)(a) and (b) D) none of the above
23.In a ________ connection, three or more devices share a link.
A) multipoint B) point-to-pointC) (a) and (b) D) none of the above
24. ______ refers to the physical or logical arrangement of a network.
A) Data flow B) Mode of operationC) Topology D)None of the above
25. Devices may be arranged in a _____ topology.
A) mesh B) ring C) bus D) all of the above
1. (B ) 2. (C) 3. (B) 4. (C) 5. (B) 6. (C) 7. (A) 8. (A) 9. (A) 10. (B) 11. (C) 12. (B)
13. (D) 14. (C) 15. (A) 16. (A) 17. (A) 18. (B) 19. (A) 20. (D) 21. (C) 22. (B) 23. (C) 24. (C) 25.(D)