The ImageCombo control contains a collection of ComboItem objects. A ComboItem object defines the various characteristics of an item that appears in the list portion of the control. With an ImageCombo control, you can display a list of items that includes pictures. Each item can have its own picture, or you can use the same picture for multiple list items.
To manage the images used for the list items, the ImageCombo uses the ImageList common control. Images are assigned to items in the ImageCombo through an index or key value that references a picture stored in the ImageList control.For example :
1.Click on “Start” button . Then select “All Programs -> Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 ->Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0.” .
2. New project dialog box is open .Select “Standard EXE” from the list in the New Project dialog box and click on “Open.” Click on “Project” on the menu bar, then select “Components” from the drop-down menu.
3. Scroll down the list in the box until Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 (SP4) is visible. Click on the checkbox to select the component and then click on “OK.” All components show in the Toolbox.
4. Choose the “ImageCombo1” control from the list of controls in the toolbox. Place the control on the form in Visual Basic.
5. Choose the “ImageList1” control from the list of controls in the toolbox. Place the control on the form in Visual Basic.
6.Right click on ImageList1.A popup menu is open .Choose properties from popup menu.
7.A properties page dialog box is open.Click on image button and insert the picture by click on insert button . You can insert more than one pictures by click on insert button agin and again.
8. Now,Right click on ImageCombo1.A popup menu is open .Choose properties from popup menu.
9.From the General tab select the “ImageList1” from imagelist.Then press “OK”.
6.Double click on form1.Code window is open write code here as shown in figure below:
7. When you comlete the code.Press <F5> to run the program.output is given in figure below:
MonthView Control in Visual Basic6.0
A MonthView control display the current month and lets the user scroll through othe month ...read more
Date/Time Picker Control in Visual Basic6.0
DateTimePicker is a ActiveX controls. The Date/Time Picker control allow the user to specify a ...read more
ImageList and ListView Control in Visual Basic6.0
An ImageList Control contains a collection of images that can be used by other Windows ...read more
StatusBar control in Visual Basic6.0
The StatusBar control is another ActiveX control.It is also available in Windows Common Controls components.With ...read more
ProgressBar control in Visual Basic6.0
A progressbar control allows you to graphically represent the progress of a transaction. It is ...read more
TabStrip Control in Visual Basic 6.0
By using Tab-strip control ,we can define multiple pages for the same area of a ...read more