The StatusBar control is another ActiveX control.It is also available in Windows Common Controls components.With the help of StatusBar, you can easily display information about the date, time, and other details about the application and the environment to the user. A Statusbar control is a frame that can consisit of sveral panels,which informs the user of the status of an application. It is made up of Panel objects, each of which displays different types of information.
1. Click on “Start” . Then select “All Programs, Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 and “Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0.” .
2. Select “Standard EXE” from the list in the New Project dialog box and click on “Open.” Click on “Project” on the menu bar, then select “Components” from the drop-down menu.
3. Scroll down the list in the box until Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 (SP4) is visible. Click on the checkbox to select the component and then click on “OK.” All components show in the Toolbox.
4. Choose the “StatusBar” control from the list of controls in the toolbox. Place the control on the form in Visual Basic.
5. By default, one panel is show on the StatusBar.Double click on StatusBar and write code here as shown in figure below:
6. To Run the program press <f5>. When you click on StatusBar panel then a msgbox is shown.Output is :
MonthView Control in Visual Basic6.0
A MonthView control display the current month and lets the user scroll through othe month ...read more
ImageCombo Control in Visual Basic 6.0
The ImageCombo control contains a collection of ComboItem objects. A ComboItem object defines the various ...read more
Slider Control in Visual Basic 6.0
A Slider control consists of a scale,defined by the minimum and maximum properties and a ...read more
ImageList and ListView Control in Visual Basic6.0
An ImageList Control contains a collection of images that can be used by other Windows ...read more
ProgressBar control in Visual Basic6.0
A progressbar control allows you to graphically represent the progress of a transaction. It is ...read more
TabStrip Control in Visual Basic 6.0
By using Tab-strip control ,we can define multiple pages for the same area of a ...read more