Insertable Objects (like the Excel Worksheet object; with a list of the employees, or a Project Calendar object having the scheduling information for a project.) These can be added to the toolbox, so they can be considered controls.
OLE (Object Linking and Embedding) is a means to interchange data between applications. One of the primary uses of the OLE Container control was to embed Word documents or Excel spreadsheets in a form. This is the control to use when you want to link or embed an object into your Visual Basic application.
1. From the Windows Start menu, choose Programs, Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0, and then Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0.
2.Click the OLE tool form toolbox.
3. Double clicking the OLE control on your form will activate the object’s application. Visual Basic also allows you to activate the object from your code.A Insert dialogbox is open.There are two option create new or create from file.you select it as you want .
4. First we create new Object .
5. Select Create New and Microsoft office Excel Chart from the Object Type list.
6. Creating a Excel chart will allow you to access the Excel application to define the chart.
7. Select the Excel chart.
8.Run your application. Double click on the OLE control and use it in your project as you want.
Second is Linking to an existing object for this:
1. Add a OLE to the form.
2. Select Create from File and use the Browse button to find the Word document .
3. Select Link and click on OK.
4. This Word document page has been sized so that it will fit onto a form. Change the SizeMode property of the OLE control to Stretch.
5. Run your application. Double click the OLE control to see that Word is activated with the selected document opened.
6. Close Word and stop your application.
TreeView Control in Visual Basic 6.0
The TreeView control display a hirearchical display node object.Each node consist of label ,optional bitmap.You ...read more
DriveListBox,DirListBox and FileListBox in Visual Basic 6.0
Three of the controls on the ToolBox let you access the computer's file system. They ...read more
Pointer Control in Visual Basic 6.0
Pointer control is used to resize and position a control. When you're drawing controls on ...read more
Timer control in Visual Basic 6.0
The Timer control is used to fire an event at soecified intervals.The code you want ...read more
Frame,Image and Picture Control in Visual Basic 6.0
A frame is an object that provide a visual an functional container for controls.it is ...read more
Picture Box in Visual Basic 6.0
PictureBox control is the most powerful and complex items in the Visual Basic .The picture ...read more